Tips and Tricks on How to Get Rid of Dandruff - Dandruff Cure and Causes - Some Effective Home Remedies
What is dandruff?
The process that causes dandruff is a natural one which goes on all over our bodies. The skin cells covering our bodies are constantly being replaced by new skin cells. In fact, we get a whole new skin cells about once a month. Dandruff is also caused by the removal of dead skin from the scalp. While the dead cells that peel off from most of the body parts go unnoticed, the peels coming from our scalp and hair are trapped by oil from the hair resulting in those unsightly clumps known as dandruff.
Causes of Dandruff
Some of the common causes of dandruff are listed below:
Using Hair Oil - This tends to increase of fungal elements.
Although temporarily the flakes may appear to lessen, as they
tend to stick to the scalp because of the oil, ultimately the
Using Unsuitable Shampoos - The skin of the scalp can react to a shampoo by flaking. This is more likely to happen with poor quality shampoos. Hence, always use shampoos made by reputed companies.
Excessive oiliness can lead to dandruff - Excessive oiliness is common in teenagers who have a tendency towards pimples/acne. During the teenage life, some amount of scaling is normal. It tends to wax and wane and generally clears up between the ages of twenty and twenty-five.
Excessive dryness on the scalp can also be a cause of dandruff - Some skin disorders like early seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, fungal infections of the scalp, occasionally bacterial infections, etc., are likely to manifest as just dandruff, especially in the initial stages.
Stress can also lead to dandruff - If you are prone to dandruff, it certainly does fluctuate with stress. And the more stress you're under, the worse it gets.
Anti-dandruff shampoos help cure dandruff by:
* Pulling the dead skin cells away from the scalp so they can be rinsed away.
* Killing the Pityrosporum organisms in the scalp and slowing down the process of shedding and replacing dead skin cells.
* Decreasing the rate of scalp skin turnover.
Some tips on how to get rid of Dandruff
Dandruff is the shedding of dead cells from the scalp. It sometimes leads to boils and pimples too. These are some ways in which we can get rid of dandruff.
Dandruff, like most other skin problems, can also be controlled and even cured completely if the treatment is done correctly. Here are some quick tips and tricks to get rid of dandruff completely:
Stop using hair oil if you are doing so.
Try changing your shampoo - may be the shampoo you are using is not suiting your hair.
If the above two methods, do not not settle your dandruff in two to three weeks, then:
If even now your dandruff has not yet settled, then:
If you have dry skin then use olive oil or sunflower oil. Apply the oil once or twice a week and keep overnight or keep for an hour or a couple of hours before.
Dandruff Home Remedies:
1. Mix 1 egg with 1 cup of yogurt and apply the mixture on the scalp. Leave it for ½ an hour and then wash it.
2. People should avoid spicy and greasy food because it helps dandruff to increase and spread. People should add more vegetables and fruits on the diet. It is very essential to take fresh foods avoid taking tinned and canned foods add more green vegetables and fruits.
3. Avoid or decrease your intake of fried foods, dairy products, sugar, chocolate and nuts.
4. Boil a mixture of 4-5 dried thyme and two cups of water for 10 minutes. When the mixture cools down, massage it on the scalp and leave it for ½ an hour. Then wash it and you will automatically see the results. You will now be having a dandruff-free head.
5. Strong tea, coffee and processed foods should be avoided while you are suffering dandruff.
6. You can also use aloe vera gel as a remedy for curing excess of dandruff. Apply the gel on your scalp 10-15 minutes before you plan to wash your hair. Regular use of the gel before shampooing will help you to get rid of dandruff.
Our Recommendations for Curing Dandruff:
How To Overcome Dandruff - The proven Secrets to cure Dandruff, control Dandruff and get rid of Dandruff once and for all.
Related Articles on Dandruff
Dandruff Home Remedies - Effective and proven home remedies for dandruff.
Dandruff - Know all important facts on dandruff.
BEAUTY TIPS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | DISCLAIMER | BEAUTY BLOG