Dark Circles - Causes and Treatment options for Dark Circles
Dark circles are mainly found around the eyes and they are also known as "bags under the eyes". The bluing above or around the eyes make the eyes appear black. As the skin is thinnest over the eyelids, it will darken earlier than the rest of the face.
Causes of Dark Circles:-
The possible causes of dark circles are as:-
- The deficiency of vitamin K in the diet, is the main factor of causing dark circles.
- Insufficient iron, which causes the anaemia, is also responsible for dark circles.
- Any abnormalities in the adrenal gland, can lead to the disorder of dark circles because adrenal glands are associated with the stress, which inturn may cause dark circles.
- Insaomnia is the main cause of dark circles.
- A family history of dark circles, increases the chances to get affected by dark circles.
- The dark circles are more common in the aged peoples because skin covering the eyelids thins out as old age.
- Allergies are often the blame for dark circles.
- Fatigue and lack of sleep, are the main causes of the dark circles.
- Smoking, increases the chances of dark circles.
Some Treatment options and Preventing Tips for Preventing Dark Circles from occuring further :-
The tips of preventing the dark circles are as:-
- Apply concealer to the darkened areas. If the circles under your eyes tend to be very purple, use concealer with a yellowish tone.
- Powder the area under your eyes with very fine translucent powder to set the corrective concealer.
- Ascorbic acid, that contains bioflavinoids is very effective to keep healthy eyes.
- Grapeseed oil is an antioxidant that has been found effective for reducing eyestrain.
- Try to avoid the caffeine, because they promotes water retention and lead to the dryness of the eye.
- Dark circles, may be prevented by applying slices over the closed eyelids.
- Eat a green leaf vegetables daily.