Ruddy Skin - Causes and Tips for Managing Ruddy Skin
Rosacea is a common skin disease that causes redness and swelling on the face. Ruddy skin is predominately red or pink complexion, which is mainly occur in fair skin peoples. Redness is mainly found in the center of the face that may involves the cheeks, forehead, chin, and nose. When the skin doesn't return to its normal color and when other symptoms, such as pimples and enlarged blood vessels, become visible, it's best to seek advice from a dermatologist.
Women get roscea more often than men, mainly of the ages of 30 and 50 and this disorder is mainly associated with menopause. Ruddy skin has the extreme sensitivity to cosmetics. You have excessively ruddy skin, if your complexion becomes fierly red after moderate exercise.
Causes of ruddy skin:
- The main cause of ruddy skin is breakouts, blackheads or blemishes on the face chest and back.
- The stress and hormonal imbalances are also the main factors of causing ruddy skin.
- Persons, who are sensitive to temperature changes or certain food, are more prone to get affected by ruddy skin.
- Deficiency of melanin, is also the main cause of ruddy skin. Less melanin is mostly found in burn peoples.
- The birth control pills are also increases the chances of ruddy skin.
Tips for ruddy skin:
- Regular exfoliation with cooling treatments are very effective to bring down the redness and enhance normal blood circulation in the facial area.
- Avoid hot drinks, spicy foods, caffeine and alcoholic beverages. It's important to note that alcohol may worsen a case of rosacea.
- Rosacea patients, can maintain the normal skin by avoiding lifestyle and environmental factors that may trigger flare-ups.
- A rosacea patient, must have to stay out of harsh condition i.e. food and weather.
- Avoid bright red tones, and don't over-bleach.
- Cool ruddiness with beige, honey brown, golden or light coffee colors.
- Tranquilizer, is very effective for ruddy skin.
- Some ingredients can be used for the treatment of ruddy skin. These includes: chamomile, white or green tea, aloe vera and feverfew
- Ruddy skin can be controlled by limiting exposure to sunlight.
- Always wear cap or use sunscreen, when you are going for outing, because hot temperature worsen the symptoms of ruddy skin.
- Avoid rubbing, scrubbing or massaging the face. Rubbing will tend to irritate the reddened skin.
- Try for avoiding irritating cosmetics and facial products.
- Don't overdo your exfoliation. Sloughing your skin with scrubs and polishing it with peels will speed cell turnover.
Intense Pulsed Light: The Intense Pulsed Light is one of the most common technologies used to treat Rosacea. It helps in reducing the redness and visible blood vessels on the face. We sometimes alternate between IPL and Pulsed Dye Laser treatments, when treating Rosacea.