Shaving - Some Advantages and Disadvantages of Shaving Hair
Shaving is the most common method in the removal of hairs from the underarms and legs. In the shaving method, the hair root stay behind in the hair shaft and continue to grow. The tools of shaving is generally include razor or any other bladed implement to slice it down to the level of the skin.
Shaving is a common method of depilation , and is most commonly used by men to remove their facial hair . Both men and women sometimes shave their chest hair , abdominal hair , leg hair , underarm hair , pubic hair or other bodily hair. Shaving the head is often associated with the military and competitive sports such as swimming and extreme sports.
Advantages of shaving:
- It is a simplest way of hair removal with painless procedure.
- Shaving doesn't cause irritation to skin surfaces.
Disadvantages of shaving:
- The main disadvantage of shaving, is that hairs continues to grow.
- The hairs are cut off straight creating blunt ends on the hair that pierce the skin.
- Frequent shaving causes hairs to become coarser and rougher in structure, making these increasingly difficult to remove.
Top Shaving Tips:
The valuable tips for shaving are as:-
Firstly wash your face with soap and hot water to remove the oil and to softening the hairs.
Then apply a shaving cream or gel to keep moisture on the skin to reduce friction caused by the razor going over the skin's surface.
Try to shave in the direction of hair growth and carefully shave over the sensitive areas.
Immediately rinse with cold water to remove any traces of soap or lather.
The shaving brush, must be neat and clean and before using it rinse it with hot water to remove the any bacterial growth.
Always use a sharp, clean blade. A fresh blade requires less force for cutting hair
Don't shave as soon as you get up. Have breakfast first. Give your skin a chance to wake up!
Spend a little time massaging your chosen shaving preparation into your face as this again will help to soften and lift the bristles.
Rinse the blade regularly as you shave and don't press to hard against the skin.
Use a quality razor blade with a handle that offers a good weight and balance. Always shave in the direction of the hair growth.
Apply a post shave products i.e. aftershaves to keep your face moist and for good complexion.
- A lukewarm water, opens the pores and help in cleaning the skin for comfortable shave.
- A moisturizing cream is suitable for shaving as it keeps the skin in moist condition.
- Avoid to put heavy pressure to your razor as this can cause razor burn and skin irritation.
- Finally, rinse your brush well, shake out the excess moisture and always let dry with the hairs facing downwards.