Hair Fall - Causes of Hair Fall - Tips to Manage Hair Fall
Hair is made up of a type of protein called i.e. keratin. A single hair consists of a hair shaft, a root below the skin, and a follicle, from which the hair root grows. There is the hair bulb, at the lower end of the hair follicle. It is a place, where the hair's color pigments i.e. melanin is produced.
Alopecia, is the another name of hair fall.
Causes of Hair Fall
There are many causes of hair falls. Some of the important causes are as:-
- Hormonal Imbalances: The hair fall
may be occur due to hormonal imbalance to an improper diet. You can control the hair fall by take some healthy nutrients.
- Chemotherapy: Hair loss may occur throughout the body, including the head, face, arms, legs, underarms, and pubic area. Hair loss most often starts after the first several weeks or rounds of chemotherapy treatment and tends to increase one to two months into treatment. The amount of hair loss depends on the type of drug, dose, and how the drug was given. Hair regrowth following chemotherapy usually occurs one to three months after maintenance treatment starts or intensive chemotherapy ends.
- Radiation Therapy: Losing one's hair can be a psychologically and emotionally challenging experience, and can affect a person's self-image and quality of life. When very high doses of radiation are used to treat cancer, the hair may become permanently lost or thinned in the treated area.
- Dandruff: Dandruff is an enemy of the hair. Dandruff, is the main factor that cause hair fall. It weakens the hair roots, so it becomes easy to get fall shortly. Dandruff sticks on the skin of the scalp in a cake form and block free flow of air to the hair roots.
- A serious illness, like a tumor of the ovary or adrenal glands, may lead to hair fall.
- Hair fall may occur, due to excessive shampooing and blow-drying.
- Emotional or physical stress enhances the pigments of hair, that may result in hair fall.
- Alopecia areata -- bald patches that develop on the scalp, beard, and, possibly, eyebrows. Eyelashes may fall out as well. This is thought to be an immune disorder.
Drugs like anti-cancer, blood-pressure lowering, oral-pills can cause hair fall.
Trauma in the form of tight-winding, pulling can aggravate hair loss.
- The endocrine disorders leads to alteration in the internal body functions, that cause hair fall.
- To some extant, the family history is also responsible for hair fall.
- Some infectious disease, may cause hair fall.
- Hair fall may be caused by the nutrients and proteins deficiency in the hair cells.